MagDev is part of the Delta Magnet group of companies, based in Swindon UK, and comprises testing and in-house machining facilities and over 12,000 sq.ft. of warehouse space with low cost manufacturing plants in India. MagDev specialize in supplying permanent magnets, magnetic assemblies and soft ferrite cores in various shapes, sizes and grades, with magnetic properties tuned to specific applications. With our strategic partners we can also supply sendust, MPP and iron powder cores for chokes; carbonyl iron cores for high frequency applications; strip wound cores in silicon steel and nickel alloys; and our most recent addition of iron and cobalt base amorphous and nanocrystalline cores.
MagDev Ltd - Where magnetics matter
MagDev Ltd is part of the Delta Magnets Group of companies specialising in the supply of permanent magnets, magnetic assemblies and soft magnetic products to a wide variety of industries and applications for more than 70 years.
Magnetic needs vary widely from application to application. We offer the capability of meeting any requirements whether from our large stock of standard parts or working with our technical engineers to develop an entirely new permanent magnet or soft magnetic design. MagDev will support our customers at all stages of their projects, from design through to production providing them with quality products and service.
MagDev Ltd – Worldwide
MagDev Ltd is based in Swindon UK and through the DMG we also have low cost manufacturing facilities in India. In addition we have a growing network of technical distribution partners throughout Europe to provide local support.
- The company was founded in 1943 and in 1986 became part of the MMG group of Companies trading as Neosid Ltd.
- In August 2003 MMG MagDev Ltd was formed by the merger of MMG GB Ltd ( formerly Neosid the original ferrite business) and Magnet Developments Ltd ( Permanent Magnets), operating from a group facility in Stratton St Margaret in Swindon. At that time the production of the Neosid range of soft ferrites was moved to another company within the MMG group of companies, MMG India Ltd, a manufacturing facility based in Chennai, India.
- In 2007 the company moved to a new facility in Dorcan Swindon.
- In June 2010 MMG MagDev Ltd and MMG India Ltd were acquired by Delta Magnets Ltd and are now part of the DMG group of companies.
- In March 2011 the company purchased the freehold of its present facility in Kembrey Park, Swindon as part of an expansion strategy following the acquisition of the company by Delta Magnets Limited. In July 2012 the company changed its name to MagDev Ltd.